Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Options

I had made up my mind, I am going to have a complete hysterectomy....I mean I have been bleeding for 4 months. Mom came in and gave me the money for the dr appointment. And we get to the dr's office....no mention of hysterectomy. She is doing tests on me I have been through a thousand times before. However she mentioned 2 different things that no other dr has done/mentioned. She wants to do a test on me to look for endometriosis.....some of the symptoms i have make her think not only do i have PCOS/PCOD but i may have endometriosis. And then she also said she has seen women with high testosterone have better chances of carrying a child. So now again I'm torn......do i want to go through all this and try for kids, or do i just wanna tell the dr that i'm done and want it all removed.

I'm so conflicted. I know that going option 1: removal of everything is going to be a costly price, once and then i'll be done; or option 2: testing, surgeries, and more periods, and fertility treatment is going to cost and cost and cost and then if we have kids, they will cost even more. I have wanted kids since I was one, but I got to the point where I've accepted that I can't have kids.

I know that one thing I need to do is I need to lose weight. However, the lack of funds and the out of control hormones makes it hard. I have talked to dietitians and they aren't any help. I don't like the way I look now. I know I need to lose weight to be healthy. But how do you eat healthy on $100 or less for 2 people for 2 weeks? when you have to buy EVERYTHING needed for that amount. Pads, car needs, gas, paper goods, everything for the house.

My life is constantly waiting on something. Right now I can't work because of the bleeding.....and unless we get more money, things are going to be tight....and I have to wait on dr apointments until either mom and doug help us out or unless i do work the part time job I have once a year.

Right now, I'm dying to craft......I am out of ink for my printer, and need some items for what I do what to do...however, the money is an issue for me. So I want anyone who may read this who has thoughts or ideas on how to craft from what anyone has in their house. I have no original ideas for crafting, but I have a million ideas from things I have seen on the internet and books I own.

I want to make changes in me.....I want to better my life. I want to be healthy. I'm not making new years resolutions, because I never follow through. But this year I want to become a better me!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear what you are going through. My sister JUST had a hysterectomy after suffering severe anemia from killer cycles for years. She did have 2 boys, thankfully. She just could not handle it anymore. Her doctor didn't make her go for other options and went straight to the removal. However, during surgery, they found her ovaries shrinking and attached to her intestines and abdomen wall (isn't that endometriosis?) and her mood swings are fierce. She is panicking a bit hoping this is temporary, because she is a screaming maniac witch to her family right now. (Only uterus and cervix removed).

    I've read so many stories of women whose hormones went bonkers after uterus removal = that the body needs the uterus for balance. Yet, so many of you suffer so endlessly. There has to be a path to relief.

    Have you ever had a uterine ablation? Many of my friends have had success with that, but a few did not get any better and that was wasted money and pain.

    I will be thinking of you. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my 'first crochet hat" post. I'm loving crocheting - I'll try that tension idea. I need to get to where I don't have to readjust my hand position every stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri,

    I haven't tried the ablation, I ended up having everything removed, the uterus, ovaries, flopian tubes, cervix, all gone. I have been over all happier and less aggressive than before.

    Keep me updated on how your sister is doing. Tell her I'm going through similar things and if she needs to talk send her my way.

    Talk soon! :D

    ReplyDelete