Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

DIAMOND BAG CROCHET

So my Mom got me a new magazine with this DIAMOND BAG pattern in it. It was translated from another country or something. Based off a pattern from the 70's I think I read. Its not written well. I honestly don't know how to write it out how to do it right, but I did a sketch at the bottom to show you what to do. It is called a diamond bag for a reason, the little spots are diamonds. Here is the bag what its supposed to look like done.....

This picture was taken out of the Love of Crochet Magazine pattern by Helen Myers


Here is what you get if you follow the crazy pattern. My mom who is an experienced knitter/crocheter helped me figure this out, and we were both like, "um, no?!" So here is what the pattern makes it look like its supposed to be.....

Here is what its really supposed to look like. Its a squiggly diamond. Not that above 5 pointed thingy!


Here is my sorry little sketch on how I got the squiggly diamond. You still start out with the chain 11. I found it easiest to put a marker in the middle (or 2nd  of 3 single crochet) to mark where to put the next single crochet 3 in 1. I hope this makes sense.


I'll post more when I get this finished. 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much...I thought I was going nuts until I found your post

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I could help! I was going a little mental on this one too, but once you figure it out, its not so hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you Rebekkah!! Please post any other discoveries on this ~ like Round 3-7 where you're suppose to increase?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you increase EVERY round. You single crochet 3 in the same single crochet in the middle of the single crochet 3 in 1. That totally doesn't make sense does it? I'll post again here in a minute look for a new blog post. I'll make a more detailed picture for you :D I'm not really good at writing out directions, so I'll make a more detailed picture! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. here is the link to the new post.

    http://bebekkah.blogspot.com/2012/03/diamond-bag-part-2-more-instructions.html

    there is even a downloadable with picture instructions there. hope that helps! :D

    ReplyDelete