Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

realizing...

I'm sitting here watching tv. I see a commercial about ovaries, or birth control, or pads, and its hitting me....I don't have those parts in me anymore. I'm like OMG really!?! I don't have ovaries, or cysts, or uterus. I don't have any of them anymore. 

I understood what I was asking for when I asked for the surgery, but now that I'm healed, its really starting to hit home. I don't have these parts. I don't have a prayer of getting pregnant. I'm 28 years old and I'm in menopause. I have hot flashes. I have night sweats. I don't sleep well. Do I regret having this surgery done? No. But its just starting to hit me. Right after the surgery I was nothing but happy since I wasn't bleeding anymore. I went from going through a large (28) bag of heavy over night pads a week to nothing. I went from hemorrhaging to not and knowing that I won't do that again. 

I am learning to relive my life, and feel like I will have to keep learning how to live in a new way. I am having to be in a body that is going through things "normal" women don't deal with until they are in their 40's or 50's. Its a little hard to deal with sometimes. 


2 comments:

  1. This could be to soon to ask, but what about adoption? Or foster parenting then adoption? There are soooo many children w/o mommies n daddies, and that's a shame. Its a shame that a beautiful, kind hearted, couple like yourselves can't bear children. I just hate this for you. For both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, we haven't thought about it, because we can't afford us much less kids....and also i don't know that i could adopt and know that at any point the kid could say your not my parent or the parents could take the kid back. But its NEVER out of the question completely.

    ReplyDelete